Day: August 20, 2010
The Real Life Social Network v2
I was wandering aimlessly across the internet, as you do, when I came across an interesting SlideShare Presentation The Real Life Social Network from Paul Adams (@padday) who works as the user research lead for social on the User Experience (UX) team at Google. He works on projects like Buzz and YouTube (and maybe even Google Me).
– goes on to discuss the **connections** that people have with other and how these change our on-line behavior;
– illustrates what people’s **relationships** really look like and how they compare (badly) to the relationships possible in social networks possible on line;
– examines the **influence** we have with our peers and how this can override any influence we might want to impose, say as a service provider, from the outside;
– **identity** and our need to project different identities to different audiences; and
– **privacy** or how to keep your private life separate from your professional life.
#lrnchat Mendeley – my last.fm for research: catch me at Mendeley http://bit.ly/bnSba7
Your Personal Learning Environment
Nice presentation made to students at the University of British Columbia as part of “JumpStart 2010″ UBC’s international orientation by former student Andre Malan (andremalan.net). Includes a very good presentation.
As well as an orientation presentation (in Prezi) of Personal Learning Environments from a student’s Point of View (POV), it concludes with some suggestions of suitable tools.
Would be worth Student Support Services taking a look and adapting for the Swansea University case.